New England Patriots wide receiver Stefon Diggs reportedly changed his lawyer a day ahead of his arraignment, which is scheduled for February 13 in Dedham District Court, Massachusetts.
A report in The Boston Globe stated that court records showed that two attorneys, David E. Meier and Michael R. DiStefano, both of whom had earlier represented Diggs in the proceedings, withdrew from the case. Consequently, Sara Silva, a partner at the Silva Kettlewell and Pignatelli LLP, was officially retained as Diggs’ new attorney to help him in his case.

The 32-year-old has been reportedly arraigned on charges of felony strangulation or suffocation and misdemeanor assault and battery charges. According to a WCVB report, the arraignment was originally postponed from January 23 to avoid conflicting with the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl LX.
Based on the reports, the charges against Stefon Diggs stem from the allegations made by a woman who identified herself as his personal chef. She claimed that he allegedly slapped and attempted to choke her over a salary dispute.
Continue reading for more details.
Stefon Diggs denied allegations in his recent legal trouble
Stefon Diggs has been facing legal issues that stem from an alleged incident that took place on December 2, 2025, involving his personal chef.
According to a TMZ report, the woman’s police report stated that she contacted the authorities on December 16, stating that he,
"entered her unlocked bedroom door to discuss an ongoing text exchange about money she believed she was owed."
The allegations then escalated to claims that Stefon Diggs became angry and slapped her across the face. She alleged in her complaint that he then,
"tried to choke her with the crook of his elbow around her neck."

She also told the police that she felt difficulty in breathing and “could have blacked out” and added that when she tried to pry his arm away, he tightened his grip. He reportedly released her from his grip and threw her on the bed.
A report in ESPN stated that she reportedly left his residence after the incident and returned on December 9 to retrieve her property. At that time, Diggs’ assistant asked the woman to sign a nondisclosure agreement, but she denied it.
However, Diggs has denied the allegations through his longtime attorney David E. Meier, who recently withdrew from his case. According to a report in WCVB, Meier released a statement on behalf of the NFL player:
“Stefon Diggs categorically denies these allegations. They are unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, and were never investigated — because they did not occur. The timing and motivation for making the allegations is crystal clear: they are the direct result of an employee-employer financial dispute that was not resolved to the employee's satisfaction. Stefon looks forward to establishing the truth in a court of law.”
Diggs has recently switched his attorneys just one day before his scheduled arraignment hearing in his criminal case. According to a report in Heavy, this move is not an ideal situation for a criminal defendant. He has now retained Sara Silva to represent his case.
A Boston Globe report noted that at the arraignment on February 13, Stefon Diggs is expected to hear the formal charges and enter a plea. His former attorneys have previously said that his representatives are working to resolve the case through a financial settlement.
Love movies? Try our Box Office Game and Movie Grid Game to test your film knowledge and have some fun!