Where is former Prince Andrew now after being released? King Charles' brother relocates as police continues to search his house over Epstein ties

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested On Suspicion Of Misconduct - Source: Getty
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is seen returning after leaving police custody (Image via Getty)

Britain’s former Prince Andrew, also known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested by Thames Valley Police on February 18. The reason behind his arrest is that he allegedly shared sensitive government trade reports with Jeffrey Epstein, as revealed in the Epstein files. According to live updates from the BBC at the time of writing, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was seen leaving the police custody on February 19.

The report also mentions that following the release from police custody, he went back to his Sandringham estate in Norfolk. It is an ongoing investigation, and his release came with certain conditions. Meanwhile, the police continued searching his former Berkshire house, Royal Lodge.

According to CNN, former Prince Andrew had denied any such wrongdoing. In October 2025, his brother King Charles had taken away Andrew’s royal title, and he was subsequently evicted from Windsor residence. The CNN report also mentions that the specifics of the allegations are still unconfirmed, but the period within which this happened is between 2001 and 2011. At the time, he was representing the UK as a trade envoy.

Meanwhile, President Donald Trump also commented on the issue in connection with former Prince Andrew. Calling it a shameful act, he said:

“I think it's very sad. I think it's so bad for the Royal family. It’s very, very sad. To me, it’s a very sad thing.”

Trump also mentioned King Charles' upcoming visit to America and said he is a “fantastic man.”

At the same time, US Representative Suhas Subramanyam said that people like former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor were finally being held responsible for their actions. He also said that in the US, there was not enough accountability. He added that he was willing to speak with him anytime and would even travel to the UK if necessary.


What did King Charles say following former Prince Andrew’s arrest?

After former Prince Andrew was arrested, King Charles shared a statement. He said that he learnt about the arrest and the allegations of misconduct. King Charles said:

“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”

He went on to say:

“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”

Previously, the Thames Valley Police also released a statement. Without explicitly naming former Prince Andrew, they shared that they had arrested a sexagenarian due to alleged misconduct. They mentioned that the person had been released and the search in Norfolk had come to an end.


Also Read: “Badly mishandled”: Patrick Bet-David says Epstein files have become “biggest black eye” for Trump administration

Edited by Anuj Basak